Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the age restrictions? Should I bring my ID?You must be 18 years or older to attend and 21 years or older to consume alcoholic beverages. A valid ID is required to enter the festival site.
- Is there parking available? What about motorcycles?Yes. Parking is located at the entrance to the festival site. A parking pass must be purchased. In the case that the parking lot becomes full, additional parking with shuttle service will be provided at no additional cost. Car camping is not allowed.
- Accordion triggerYes, re-entry is allowed, but you will be required to go through security upon your return.”
- What will the weather be like? What if it rains?The average temperatures for the region as we approach Independence Day are Lows in the mid-60’s and Highs in the mid-80’s under partly cloudy skies. Moonshine is a rain or shine event.
- Are pets allowed?Sorry, for the safety of our community and our animal friends, pets are not allowed. Service dogs are permitted with the proper paperwork and identification.
- Will there be first aid on site?Yes. Inside the festival grounds, there will be several medical booths as listed on the map as well as two EMT teams supporting the camping areas surrounding the site. In the case of an incident, please located the nearest booth or notify security to radio for help.
- Will there be free water stations? Are camel-backs and water bottles allowed?Empty camel-backs, water containers, and canteens are allowed with multiple water stations located throughout the site as listed on the map. Water is FREE. If you forget your containers, water will also be for sale for a reasonable price at a variety of our vendor shops and in the general store.
- Can I bring my cooler? Can I bring in outside food or drinks?Coolers and outside food and drinks are are allowed and limited to the camping areas of the site. ALL items must be in unopened containers with the seal intact. Absolutely NO GLASS.
You must be 21+ to consume alcohol in the campgrounds. A reasonable amount of unopened beer and wine (limited to 1 case of beer and one box of wine per person), will be permitted to be brought onto your camping area. If, however, in the security’s judgment anyone in the vehicle is intoxicated, or the alcohol is open, then the organizers reserve the right to confiscate the alcohol.
Kegs, glass, liquor, or vending of alcohol is not permitted in the campgrounds, and alcohol may not be brought from the campsites into the festival venue.
- Can I bring my hula-hoop, LED toys, and fire dancing equipment?There is a strict NO open flame policy in both the festival site and camping areas. Fire entertainment will be provided at our Fire Stage by professional performers supported by professional water-safety crew members. We ask that you help us keep Moonshine safe for everyone by leaving your poi and fire-dancing gear at home. Hula-hoops, LED props, flags, totems, and other non-fire gear is allowed and encouraged.
- Are cameras allowed?Small handheld/point-and-shoot cameras including phone cameras, GoPros, and pocket-sized digital cameras are allowed. Professional cameras and video equipment require a photo/media pass.
- Can I bring my bicycle? What about motorcycles, golf carts, or other motorized vehicles?Non-motorized vehicles are allowed. Recreational vehicles such as dirt bikes, ATVs, dune buggies, golf carts, and similar are prohibited. You may park your motorcycle next to your camping site, but it must remained parked at your camp for the entire weekend. Those found in violation may be asked to keep their motorcycles outside of the campgrounds for the remainder of the festival.
- I am traveling to Moonshine from another state. What is the policy on medicinal and recreational marijuana?At this time, the possession and consumption of cannabis and cannabis-related products and paraphernalia are illegal in the state of Georgia. Please plan accordingly. Click here to get involved in helping end prohibition in the state of Georgia.
Ticket & Wristband FAQ
- Where can I purchase tickets?Click here to order advance tickets through FreshTix.com.
- I do not have a major debit or credit card. How can I purchase advance tickets?Visit a national drug store (CVS, Wallgreens, Rite-Aid), convenience store (Circle K, 7-11), or grocery store (Walmart, Target, etc.) to purchase a pre-paid Visa or Mastercard to make your purchase online, otherwise you can purchase tickets at the gate with cash while supplies last.
- Are single day passes available?Yes, single day passes are available via FreshTix.com.
- If I purchased a camping pass, do I still need to purchase a parking pass?Car camping is not allowed. If you need to park a vehicle in the Lanier Raceplex parking lot you will need to purchase a parking pass. in addition to your camping pass.
- Where do I pick up my wristbands?If you are parking and/or camping, print your passes and show them to the attendee upon entry. You will be allowed to set up your site and park your car before proceeding to the Will-Call booth at the front gates to pick up your wristbands to the festival.
- My mom/dad/spouse/bff bought me a ticket. Do I need the credit card they used to pick up my wristbands from will-call?STAY TUNED FOR THE ANSWER!
- Can I leave a ticket at will-call for my friend?STAY TUNED FOR THE ANSWER
- Accordion triggerSTAY TUNED FOR THE ANSWER
- I can no longer attend the festival. Can I get a refund?STAY TUNED FOR THE ANSWER
- I want to bring my kids to Moonshine. Do they need a ticket?Sorry. All attendees must be 18&up and purchase a ticket to enter.
- Can I bring my BBQ pit or grill?No grills, bbq pits, or stoves are allowed]
- Will there be flushing toilets and shower facilities on site?There will be hot shower and toilet facilities for attendees that have purchased a camping pass. Please bring your own towels, shower shoes, and personal hygiene products.]
- My friend purchased a camping pass and I am staying at his/her camp. Do I need to buy a camping pass?Yes. Anyone wishing to access the camping areas of the site are required to purchase a camping pass. A 2nd wristband will be issued.]
- Can I camp in my car?Sorry, there is no car camping allowed. After unloading your gear at your site, you will be required to return your car to the parking lot located at the entrance to the festival.]
- Can I bring my RV or pop-up trailer?Sorry, RVs, pop-up trailers, and similar vehicles are not allowed due to venue requirements.]
- Will there be electricity in the camping area?ANSWER COMING SOON]
- My friends are arriving in a different car. Can they reserve me a spot so we can camp together?ANSWER COMING SOON]
- Can I set up a large pavilion tent, sound stage, or themed camp?ANSWER COMING SOON]
- Will there be a place to charge my cell phone and devices?ANSWER COMING SOON
- Will small campfire be allowed in the camping area? Will you allow fire bins?No, there will be no fires allowed on the premises.]
- What do I do with my valuables? Will there be security in the camping area?The best choice for your valuables is to leave them at home.
Any valuables that you must bring with you should be locked in your car out of sight when you are not using them. Or, you can rent a locker in the festival venue to keep your things cool and safe. A tent lock is not a major deterrent to someone who is out harvesting a pile of bad karma! Security will be patrolling the camping area to keep the general peace, but are not responsible for protecting your items.
- Can my band play in the camping area? What about a small PA, boombox, or bluetooth speakers?Be kind to your neighbors. If you have to plug it in (e.g. amps, radio, or speaker system of any size), leave it at home! Moonshine is a MUSIC festival! Head to one of our many stages to get your dance on.
Vendor, Media, and Partner FAQs
- How can I reserve a booth to sell my wares at Moonshine?Click here to purchase a vending space and a member of our Vendor Services team will be in touch to coordinate.
- Who do I connect with to request a Media or Photo pass?active=”Please email moonshinemusicfestival(AT)gmail and provide your name, publication, and link to your recent work to request a press, media, or photo pass. Please note: You will be required to provide pre-show coverage in exchange for a free tickets to the festival. While we love our media partners, too often these passes are requested only as a vehicle for gaining free entrance to events with no coverage provided before or after the festival is over. It’s not fair to those that have paid to enjoy the experience. If you are purchasing your own ticket, no media pass is required.
Have a question not covered in the FAQ? Drop a comment below and well get you answers: